Sunday, July 25, 2004

Unforgetable wedding, forgotten actions

I went to an awesome wedding today.  It is the 2nd wedding that I've gone to this year and the bride is a friend of mine who lived in the same residence with me at U of T.  It's kinda scary to see a friend my age getting married...but I was so happy for her today.  The couple is so in love with each other, so in love with God, and they are so committed to following God's will all the days of their lives.  I can see God's love shining through their relationship, their testimony touching many hearts who has joined their wedding celebration today.  I saw many friends whom I haven't seen for a very long time, and two sisters and I actually had a chance during the banquet to pray for each other.  I missed that community of prayer so much...I haven't prayed with someone for a very very long time...and I have almost forgotten the power of communal prayer.

I have forgotten about many things recently.  I have forgotten how to be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  I have forgotten the feeling of being close and in sync with God.  I have forgotten the feeling of relief from emotional burdens.  I have forgotten to keep in touch with friends because I have been so entrenched within my own problems.

It's time for me to remember what I have forgotten.