Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I will find no fairness...until that day

I've been back to Toronto for more than a week now. It seems like I've been back for a long time already...I don't know where this feeling came from. I am slowly cleaning up my room, but it's still not as clean as I want it to be. My summer part-time job is going well, and God is using this job to train up my patience again. Yesterday I was kinda upset by a patient who was very rude and wrongly accused me of something that I thought was very unreasonable. The joy of being a receptionist...you always take the blame...the patients are never rude to the doctors.

The issue of "fairness" in this world is still on my mind...even though my family is recovering from the break-in, there has been a disruption in our lives that none of us wanted. However, I don't consider myself to be the "unlucky" one, coz we were actually quite fortunate and blessed when we think about what could have happened. Something at work yesterday triggered me to do more thinking in terms of fairness in this world. I met a patient yesterday, 12 years of age who lost his father just because someone was randomly firing bullets around the area where the patient lived. The bullet went straight into his father's heart...the child actually did CPR on his dad, and witnessed the death of his own dad whom he tried to save...I can't even imagine how tough it has been for this child to go through all these...

I understand that everything happens for a reason, and I still believe that. However I am only seeing a little side of this world and I am discouraged by the things that happen in this world and the people who live in it. I am looking forward to a day when there is no sadness, no tears but with love and fairness abounding everywhere.