Saturday, June 26, 2004

A new look to go with a relocation

So I finally have a little time to change the look of my bloggie. I still need a lot more work on it...but for now this is a good enough change. Sorry that I couldn't re-post all of your comments at the moment as I am using a new server for my comments. However, even though the comments do not show with this new look, I have a record of them all. =)

This is my last night here in North Bay, and before I continue my packing, I thought it would be important for me to jot down my thoughts. It's been a wonderful 2 months, and I can't thank God enough for the lovely people and the beautiful environment that I have been immersed into for the past 2 months. I have learned so much from my placement, and my preceptor has taught me a lot in many ways. My co-workers were unbelievably nice and friendly to me, and my clients were all great teachers. I had my challenges and my lows, but they served as spices to my experience.

Living alone is challenging, but fun. I have learned to do an awful lot on my own, but not feel sad or lonely about it. Today I went to the Waterfront for one last time to see the sunset. I also rode on a carousel and a choo-choo train by the waterfront. It was so much fun, a joy that I can't even explain. As I was sitting on the train and absorbing as much of the pretty scenery as I can, it struck me that what I had at that moment was exactly what I needed in life. The simplicity, the serenity and the joy. I don't need the huzzle & buzzle of the city, loads of money, dream cars and nice clothes. I just need a simple and joyful life, one that I can work towards the goal that Christ has given me for my life.