Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Housemates at the door

Apparently NOMEC (Northeastern Ontario Medical Education Corporation) messed up in their accommodation arrangements. A married couple showed up at my door today saying that NOMEC told them to move in, and NOMEC didn't inform me at all. I spoke to the contact person on Friday and she had told me that I am staying in this apartment all by myself for the rest of my placement....this married couple didn't know that someone was staying in the apartment either, so they were shocked when they saw me opening the door. Man...can you imagine this??? Someone showing up at your door to tel you that they are living with you for a month? I still feel kinda "unsettled" inside...

To put things in a more positive light, they seem to be a really nice couple. They are both Christians and they also have a car, so I guess it won't be too bad afterall. I was just so not prepared for the "surprise", and I would have appreciate it if NOMEC has told me about it.

Life is definitely full of surprises!