Saturday, May 08, 2004

short review

I've had an awesome week here in North Bay. I am learning so much from my placement. Everything is so new, so exciting, so interesting. My preceptor is friendly, open and approachable which makes my learning experience so much better. Today I attended an Open Psychotherapy group and I have never seen anything like that in my life. I just wish that friends and people that I know can share the same way as we did in the group. The Psychiatrist and my OT preceptor did a really good job in directing and facilitating the group discussion, and many issues were brought into the open for discussion. A lot of times there are "issues" between people because things are only discussed behind the person's back, but not in front of the person. If things are always brought into the open for discussion, human relationships would not be as complicated.

I finally rented Love Actually and saw it today. I guess it's because everyone has been telling me about how good the movie is, and I had such high expectations going in that I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Nonetheless, it was a cute movie...I like the multiple story lines that were developed and how all of them were linked together at the end. However, I didn't think all the graphic sexual scenes were necessary though...

Can't believe I am staying up until now....it's 3am and I have been going to bed before 12am every night this week...time to hit the sack.