Saturday, May 01, 2004

Yet another move

I still can't believe that I am leaving for North Bay tomorrow...it's so hard to let this fact sink in especially when I have only been in Toronto for one week. The constant change of environment is definitely challenging for me, even though the "communicationwithparents401" course has been more challenging than I thought. I have been trying all week not to let my fear of this recent change surface, but instead of pushing this fear away tonight, I am embracing it with Joshua 1:9.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go". Joshua 1:9

It's my first clinical placement, and I don't know what to expect. How are my clients going to be like? Am I capable enough to be at this placement? How is my preceptor going to be like? Will I be able to live in a city where I don't know anyone? Will I get along with my new housemate? Tons of questions and uncertainties, but tonight's praise & worship service reminded me that it's one thing to sing about how great God is, but another thing to trust that He can do whatever He has promised. My God has promised that wherever I go, He will be with me. Do I trust Him enough to start my new journey in North Bay?