Thursday, May 27, 2004

Wontons

Since my housemate will be leaving on Saturday morning, I sat down and made some wontons to "celebrate" his end of placement and departure. It took me a long while to marinate the meat, cut up everything and wrap them up into wontons. During this wrapping process, I was reminded that in our relationship with others, we tend to wrap up our negative emotions and our disagreements into wontons. We are not always open and honest in sharing our different point of views with each other, but we are good at sharing our different views behind people's back. Lately I have come to appreciate honesty from my friends a lot more, especially from my closer friends. It's difficult for me to believe that one would consider me as a close friend, but would not be honest with me. I appreciate honest negative opinion, but not "pretense" positive opinion.

Don't worry...I am not saying that you guys are not honest with me. These are just some random thoughts of mine...with no intention of finger-pointing at anyone! =P