Wednesday, May 19, 2004

A special run

I went for a run today...feels so good to be exercising. =) It's amazing that I can run in a city where I can look around and see hills and lakes surrounding me, at night I can walk out and see stars in the sky without them being dimmed by city lights...hehe...I guess you can tell that I am falling in love with this city, and I would really love to live by the water some day.

I haven't been running for a long time, and I have just started up my routine again. I am doing a 6-minute run, 1-minute walk routine, and hopefully I can increase my endurance gradually. I find that if I keep my mind focused on something other than the run or how much time I have left before I can walk, my run is easier.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,
the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3