Wednesday, February 18, 2004

An interesting sermon

"Most of the time the reason why we want to seek God's will is because we want Him to show us the BEST plan for us. However, this should not be the main reason why we should seek God's will. The reason why we should seek God's will is because we want to bring glory to Him." Sunday's sermon was on "Reasons why we lose faith in God", and the quote mentioned above was one of the punchlines in the sermon. It struck me hard. I've never thought of seeking God's will this way. I've always thought that seeking God's will is for my own good, not for God's glory. This is something that I still have to think about....hmm...it's a very interesting point indeed.

Half of my "Reading week" has gone by fast...and I haven't done much "reading" yet....haha....I should really get started on my "reading"....but it's so much more fun to hang out with friends and sit in front of the TV than to "read"...hehe...