Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Friends=blessing

I had a really long conversation with a sister over the phone today, and yesterday I had another long conversation with another sister...both sisters had their own concerns, but just by listening to them and going through the thinking processes with them have been encouraging to me. Friends are definitely blessings from God, and I don't think I would be who I am now without different friends walking with me along the way.

I don't think I would have appreciated my friends as much if I hadn't moved away from Toronto. I pray for my friends more than before, and I care about them more even though I am futher away from them. Hmm...I don't know how else to articulate how I am feeling right now, but my dear friends, here is a song that I really want to sing to each and every one of you now...so just pretend that I am singing it to you, and next time when I see you, remind me and I'll REALLY sing it to you. =)

Every time I think of you my heart is filled with joy
I thank God for all you've meant to me
You have helped me serve the Lord in many many ways
We are partners for eternity

I am thankful for your fellowship
thankful for your partnership
thankful for the love we share in Jesus Christ
I am thankful for the joy we've known
thankful for the way we've grown
I thank God each time I think of you


"Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!"
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, from the Bible