Thursday, January 22, 2004

First day of the MONKEY year!

It was SUPER windy when I walked to school at 8:30 this morning. I felt like someone was constantly throwing snowballs at me and I was eating snow for the whole 20 minute walk to my class. I couldn't see anything 2 meters away from me. I was soaked when I got to my class...even the scarf hidden under my jacket had snow on it! You can tell that I am still a newbee with the Ktown weather! =P

Tonight one of my housemates and I decided to check out a Chinese New Year event on campus. She offered to go with me (even though she's not Chinese) coz I was too scared to go on my own...hehe...and we had some fun there. =)

Come to think of it, this is the first Chinese New Year that I am away from home and a whole bunch of Chinese people...so I decided to "hang out" with my Chinese friends on MSN and ICQ even though I am not really talking to them...I am just "hanging out" with them while I read. Hmm....weird enough, this makes me feel less lonely and less homesick. =)