Saturday, February 07, 2004

I am not alone, and you're not either! =)

I am still feeling a little...hmm...melancholy at times (Thanks for the word Rich!) but things have been better. Thanks to all who had commented on my previous blog and had chats with me...it's interesting how talking to people helps even though it may not always help the situation. =) Then I started to realize that friends around me have been dealing with similar emotions too...hm...I wonder why, it must be the weather, the slushy snow! My housemate says it's because of Valentine's Day coming up...haha...I disagree...but for whatever reason, I just want to tell each one of you who feels like you're in a "valley", that I am praying for you all, and I am with you all. =)

Lately I've been reading Genesis as my leisure Bible reading, and today I came across Genesis 17. This is the chapter when God appeared and told Abraham that he is going to have a son from his wife Sarah, and at that time Abraham was already 99. What caught me in the passage was Abraham's reaction when God told him that he will have a son.

"Abraham fell face down; he laughed and said to himself, 'Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?' 'If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!' "
(Gen. 17:17-18)

Even Abraham, the father of faith has his times of disbelief, and he laughed when God told him that he would have a son. I think I have been in a similar attitude lately. I laugh when God tells me that He is giving me the best. "Yeah right God, haha, I don't think so." But in the end, Abraham got a son and God did not break His promise. There is definitely hope when I trust. When he says that He is giving me the best, not even the second best, He means it. I can tell because He gave me Jesus. "He who did not spare His own son, but gave Him up for us all--how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32 What a powerful verse!

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, you're the best.
You're my joy, my righteousness,
and I love You Lord.