Saturday, February 14, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day my friends! =)

So it's officially Valentine's Day today...=) Tonight at fellowship my youth pastor talked about the Biblical principles of love and relationships. The talk was better than I've expected. It was a great reminder for me, and it encouraged me to hold onto principles that I've always believed in. It made me think and wonder what my future knight in the shining armour is going to be like....hehe...=P

It's sad what Valentine's Day have become these days. The Thursday publication of the Queen's campus newspaper had a huge section on "All you want to know about love and sex". It saddens me to even skim through the big titles of the section, and I realized how my definition of love as a Christian differs from the world's definition of love nowadays.

On this Valentine's Day, I was encouraged to go back to the Bible and be reminded of what love really is.
"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:9-10 Love is not just about finding the "perfect one", but it's also about giving, serving or even sacrificing for others. Jesus has set an awesome example for each one of us.

How high and how wide, how deep and how long,
how sweet and how strong is your love.
How lavish your grace, how faithful your ways,
how great is your love oh Lord.