Sunday, October 19, 2003

My source of JOY

My cold is getting better...thank you for all your prayers! ^_^ I am still coughing and sniffing, but not as bad as before. From this cold, I realized how much I LOVE singing...and how HORRIBLE it is to lose the ability to sing...I miss singing SO MUCH!!! I tried singing with my guitar today, but I can't finish one whole song without being interrupted by my cough....it sucks! God must be anxiously waiting for me to be able to sing to Him again! Hehe...=P

I've got so much stuff to do...midterms and assignments are piling up...but strange enough, I have NO MOOD to do any work today. I did some...but at a very slow pace. I find that my room in Kingston makes me feel lonely...and this loneliness prevents me from doing things effectively...it's almost sad to realize that I have no close friends here whom I can talk to...yes, I am sure that throughout the year I will make friends here, but right now it kinda sucks that I have no one to call when I need to talk. I guess I am spoiled in Toronto where I always have friends surrounding me, but I also have to learn to be joyful even when I am by myself. If King David in the Bible can do it, so can I!

"I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
Psalm 16:8-11