Wednesday, September 24, 2003

The Canadian Idol

Last night I was watching Canadian Idol with 2 housemates...Ryan Malcolm is the first Canadian Idol! My housemate was so happy that Ryan won coz she LOVES Ryan! Her mom voted 5 times for Ryan because she was voting for "all members of the family"...haha...I guess one of the reasons why Ryan got more votes was because he could sing not just one type of song, but many types of songs. He seemed to have appealed to a wider range of people. Gary has a really good voice and a good personality (in my opinion), but he could only sing slow songs well. (I know some of you may have very different opinions to why Ryan won....haha....so don't hesitate to post a comment and let me know them. ^_^)

As I sat there and watched the final episode of Canadian Idol, I saw so many people crazily yelling for their idol (7000 people gathered in Halifax for Gary)...and thoughts came into my mind: What if Jesus was the one on stage? Would Jesus get the same magnitude of cheer from the Canadians? The idols didn't do anything for the Canadians, yet the Canadians were so crazy about them. Jesus DIED for each and every Canadian, including YOU and ME, shouldn't He be the one whom we should be crazy about?

It would be very COOL to hear Jesus sing...He must be such an awesome singer!