Saturday, July 19, 2003

Random babbles

I thank God that work has been much better. The kids this session are very cooperative, which is much better than kids from last session. However, one girl almost made me cry today. This girl has been used to getting her own way, and she is always the first one to scream into my ears when anything doesn't go her way. Today she gave me a really hard time.....wow.....it was quite a challenge not to get mad at her and still smile at her afterwards. I thank God that I have a heart that melts in front of kids, or else it would have been very difficult for me to handle. This sour experience came with a sweet experience today as well. One of the kids actually gave each counsellor a present! That was so sweet of her. It makes me really happy because I have never expected such gift...and the gift caught me offguard.

Seems like I am not making too much sense here...it's late, 3:10am, haven't stayed up this late for a long time. I usually go to bed at around 11pm during weekdays so that I can have enough energy to take care of the kids. Lately I don't feel very in sync with God, I feel like I am a problem child who keeps nagging God for things and ignoring His voice when He tries to speak to me. I really hope I can get out of this stage.....God must be holding back tears for me, just like how I was holding back tears for one of the campers today.