Friday, August 01, 2003

My swimming vs. my spiritual walk

I should be sleeping...oh no! I am going to be so tired tomorrow. Yesterday during my 15-minute break at work, I fell asleep! Fortunately I had my alarm set just in case. Can you believe that? I fell asleep for 10 minutes! What a pig! =P

Today I went swimming at the pool inside my grandma's apartment building. I haven't swum for so long that I've lost touched with the pool. Seeing my camp kids swim today was my motivation to go swimming. Once in the water, I realized how bad my swimming skills had become. Even though swimming is not a skill that one would lose, I felt like I was so easily out of breath! I can't even do my front crawl with ease...I was gasping for air after I did my 25m of front crawl.....nonetheless, it was a nice swim. I felt so relaxed after my swim even though my muscles ached a little afterwards.

This reminds me of my spiritual journey with God. For the past few weeks I have been so bogged down by my own struggles that I have lost touched with God's voice. My ears are so plugged up by my unstable emotions that I can't hear God's voice at all. =( (It feels exactly like when I had water plugging my ears after swim.) My walk with God has become so bad that I have to struggle to do devos.

One question from a book that I was reading caught my eye today: "Is there any challenge in your life right now that is large enough that you have no hope of doing it apart from God's help?" Right now, my challenge is to get out of the "pit" that I've been in for these past few weeks, and Jesus is right next to the pit, trying hard to pull me back out.