Friday, December 12, 2003

It's Friday!

It's Friday, and once again I get the weird feeling of loneliness. It's just so different here with no close friends around, and now I understand why one of my dear sisters at U of T has always dreaded saturdays. Fellowship is on Wednesdays and Sundays here, and I have been so used to going to fellowships on either Fridays or Saturdays. If fellowship is on Saturday that week, I am usually out chilling with friends on a Friday. Now I am sitting at home typing in front of my computer....

My housemate's heatpack and my bottle of Advils have been my friends today. I haven't felt this sick for a while...I couldn't even get out of my bed this morning....and at 1:30pm, I told myself that I needed to get up and do something before I felt like I have "rotten" in my bed, so I walked to Food Basics to get some ingredients for my "trial" of making a cheesecake for my dad's birthday.

I got an E-mail today saying that I got a placement from NOMEC (Northeastern Ontario Medical Education Corporation) to go to North Bay this summer. I would have been very happy a month ago, but now I am fretting about how I can tell my parents. When I told them a while ago that I applied, they weren't too happy....hmm....