Saturday, November 22, 2003

A fun house

I am living with 3 housemates right now: a Christian caucasian (Samantha), a Muslim from Lybia (Abdalbast) and a Hindu from India (Ravikiran). We always joke about how this is an international house. Today, one of my housemates and I had so much fun baking cookies...hehe...^_^

The four of us get along very well. I thought I would post one of our "board conversations" (we have a board on the fridge where we write each other notes).

After many discussions about when and where we should have our "house dinner", Sam wrote:
Sam: "Executive decision: Dinner at 7pm on Friday, Nov.28."
Jacq: "Hey no fair! I didn't remember voting on our house executive. Someone took my spot! Oops...that wasn't very funny, sorry, but I tried! =P Hey Sam, do you want to go swimming around 4pm today?"
Sam: "Sorry Jacq, I have class until 4:30, and I have a meeting at 5:00. How about this weekend instead? I resign from the house executive position, and I nominate Jacq to be the house president."
Ravi: "What's happening?"
Abdu: "Ladies are always first. But for house president I have another opinion."
Sam: "So now Abdu wants to be house president as well. We need an election campaign between Abdu and Jacq."
Abdu: "Hi guys, if you elect me, I'll serve you free food and I'll have your essays done for you."
Sam: "Messy board says: Jacq please clean me!"
Jacq: "Hi crew! I am not running for house president anymore. I can't compete with Abdu. I don't have three "t"s in my name, and I don't write essays for other people. You know, I don't want people to get 20% in their essays. Yay! Abdu is the new president. To celebrate, our new house president will treat us dinner on Nov.28. He would like to thank us for our votes and support for the past 3 months."

I laugh so much in this house...(and I laugh a lot in general! ^_^) I thank God for such AWESOME and FUN housemates.