Friday, November 21, 2003

Some scattered experiences and thoughts

I attempted to return a CD to a friend yesterday, only to have found that the CD wasn't in the case...I had only brought the case of the CD, but not the CD itself! Haha....=P Funny how I do these things all the time! I wonder if my personal assistant can even help me with this! =P

I had an Indian dinner last night with my small group....Chicken Dharmska (?)...don't remember the exact spelling of the dish. It was like sweet and sour chicken with lots of spices added into it. It was really good...but I was so thirsty for the rest of the night.

Last night's ER episode was so gory...it had such a great "impact" on me that I dreamed about my friends in the context of last night's ER episode...not the best dream!!!

I had a swim yesterday...haven't done that in a month! I felt so out of shape...not that I am in shape right now! =P But it felt so good after the swim...=) I still wish that I can get a good massage though! =P

Just chatted with my dad on MSN. Hmm...not a very pleasant conversation. I don't know why it seems like they always think that their choices of things are better for me, even when the decision this time is about my clinical placement, which is something that I should be more knowledgeable about. It's not that I haven't done any research about it, and I asked experienced people about their opinions too. However, my choice is always not as good as theirs. And it's always better to follow their advice. Sometimes I just wish that I get more trust from my parents to make my own decisions, instead of always having them to tell me that my decision is bad.

I will be heading to a "Christmas Party" for my faculty soon. Hmm....don't know why, as I become "older", I don't like big crowds like this that much. I am just not fond of the going-around-surface-talk-type of interaction anymore. But since almost everyone in my class is going, I think I should go too. I probably won't stay until too late coz it's not as fun to talk to people when they are drunk. Hmm.....I am not really looking forward to this...hope it turns out OK.