Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Queen of embarrassment

If there is ever a competition on who can embarrass themselves the most, I will win the contest for sure! I am the QUEEN of getting myself embarrassed. Since you guys took the time to browse my blog page, I will share this experience with you. I trust that you won't go and spread this around. =P

Today during a break between my two classes, I went to buy a bottle of Fruitopia (strawberry and passion fruit mix...so good). The cashier told me that it was two bucks, so I went into my wallet and was about to pay her. I realized that I didn't have the twenty-dollar bill that I thought I had, and I ran out of coins! I only had around 70 cents with me!!! Ahhh.....FORTUNATELY, my classmate was right behind me and she was able to spot me for TWO BUCKS! =P That was close...but it wasn't the end of it.

Two weeks ago I got a coupon that I can buy a cup of tea from a tea shop on campus for 50 cents. Knowing that I had around 70 cents in my wallet, I said to myself, "Yeah I am safe. I can get the cup of tea no problem." I lined up, went to the front of the line, showed the cashier the coupon. The cashier went and prepared the cup of tea for me, but she wasn't sure how to do the billing. So she asked the person beside her how to do it. The other cashier turned to me and said, "Hmm...unfortunately this coupon has expired. It expired last week and you'll have to pay full price for the tea. I am sorry." The first cashier apologized...
"I'm sorry. I didn't know that the coupon had expired. The tea comes to $1.10."
"Oh....ehh.....I guess I'll have to come back for the tea. I don't have cash with me."
"Uh...it's only a dollar and ten cents."
"Yeah I know. I just happen to have run out of cash."
You can imagine how desperate I was to dig a hole for myself....haha.....but guess what? I actually went to a bank machine, took out money, went back to the shop and paid for my tea!

I am usually not that bad with money, it must have been all the stress that I was going through today....two presentations plus a Bible study that I had to lead...and there is more to come...I am sure I'll manage to embarrass myself again for the next couple of weeks....I can foresee my stress coming...