Sunday, November 02, 2003

Raking leaves

What a day! I spent the whole morning and afternoon raking leaves, cutting out massive weeds (and got burs on my shoes and clothes), vaccumming and sweeping the floor. I participated in a "Workday event" with the fellowship (Navigators) that I am attending, and we volunteered to help out at the New Day Pregnancy Centre in Kingston. We pretty much asked them what chores needed to be done and went in to do a whole day of work for them. This is a fundraising event for the Navs and therefore we are supposed to get our friends to support us in this event. So far I've got 3 sponsors, a total of 8 bucks. Haha...so pathetic, I prolly have to end up sponsoring myself. I just hate to ask people for money...it's so hard to do! @_@

It's funny how I got time to think while I was raking leaves on the lawn. I think I actually need some time to rake out leaves in my life too! It's just so easy to be absorbed into the busyness of life that I don't get a chance to look around and see what kind of thoughts, anger, hurt and fear I need to rake out of my life. If I don't take the time to rake leaves out of my way, sooner or later I would end up slipping or stumbling on my path because these "leaves" are in my way.

Raking leaves is not a fun job, but it needs to be done.