Monday, October 27, 2003

Take nothing for granted

Yikes! The only washroom that we share on the floor is FLOODED! The toilet is completely blocked, and we can't use it at all. Our landlord is away (they live in the same house, on the lower floor) so we cannot fix the toilet right away.

God is definitely reminding me that I should not take anything for granted. It's just so easy to take little things for granted. I was sick for two weeks, and I have just recovered. (YAY!) During my sickness, I realized how much I took my singing for granted. I didn't know that I sing THAT MUCH until I got sick and started coughing. I couldn't sing a line of melody without coughing!!! IT WAS SO BAD!!! Sometimes I forgot that I had a cough, and I started singing...and of course a long cough followed. Hahaha...imagine how ANNOYED I was...you would NOT want to talk to me at that moment! =P

Now the toilet!!! I have to stay up tonight to study for my anatomy midterm, and I can't drink water!!! Coz I have no toilet to go!!! Ahhh....guys...feel FORTUNATE that you can go into a washroom tonight, flush the toilet and can move on with your life. Well...I guess I am still quite fortunate. My landlord trusts us so much that she always leaves her apartment door unlocked. I hope she doesn't mind me "borrowing" her washroom! I'll tell you if I get kicked out of the house! Haha...then I will realize that I took having a place to live for granted.

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18