Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Some scattered thoughts about my trip

The conference was GREAT!!! I am so glad that I went. The conference and the trip have left me with lots of things to think about...I've got some hard core thinking and praying to do!

The church where the conference was held, the Southeast Christian Church was HUGE!!! I mean HUGE...like a shopping mall. I have never seen such a big church in my life. A church with FOUR levels of ESCALATORS, a church with its own bookstore, postal service, gym, indoor track, cafeteria...I was completely blown away.

Our hosts served us well...REALLY WELL, we had an amazing dinner on saturday night with delicious appetizers, pork cutlets and desserts...definitely one of the best meals I've ever had. The house that we stayed in was a MANSION. It has a hot tub that we can use, and a "lake" in the "backyard". It's not really just a backyard because the property is 34 acres. The hospitality of the hosts touched me...the couple served us with the BEST that they had. (They let us stay there for free, and they didn't charge us for the dinners that they made for us.)

I didn't expect to be so surprised during the conference. I was surprised by how much need there is for medical professionals around the world, especially in 3rd world countries. In one of the plenary sessions, I was so touched that I couldn't stop crying...my tears just kept flowing non-stop. My future plans will be changed...and I need to make some major adjustments in my thinking. (If you want to know more about this, I will be more than happy to share more with you. Just give me a shout and let me know! ^_^)

Some issues that I thought I have dealt with a long time ago surfaced again...they caught me off guard! I am glad that there was a sister who was patiently listening to me about this tonight....and it's such a blessing to have someone there to listen to me when I needed it. =)

Thanks for reading lovely peeps! =) I just want to take this time to thank all of you for your friendships! =) It means a lot to me that you're making an effort to read my blog and find out what's been going on in my life. =) More thanks for peeps who take the time to comment on my blogs too! =) Love ya all!