Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Packing..unpacking..packing..unpacking..

It's packing time again...I guess it's because I am always in a cycle of packing and unpacking for the past few years that I am getting sick of this process. Hmm....I wonder when I can actually settle down and not have to pack and unpack all the time.

Every time I pack and unpack, I realize how much junk I own...haha...and I have to remind myself how fortunate I am. This time as I pack, I was also thinking about something else. As a human being, we tend to accumulate a lot on earth to get our "security". When you get a job, you can afford to buy bigger purchases like a car. Then when you get married you would want to get a house. You would want to start saving up money for your kids. You would spend money on things you really want to get, and then realize later on that they may not be that useful after all...hence they become your "junk". And I wonder...when will we have "enough"?

Right now, all I want is a simple life. I don't need a big house or a nice car. Everything I own is going to pass, and I can't bring them with me when I die. I think I just need to fulfill my purpose in life and have enough to survive. That's all I need. I hope I don't become materialistic when I have more financial power in the future.

"For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." 2 Corinthians 5:14-15