Saturday, October 02, 2004

How do I live without You?!

Haven't blogged for a while...wow, where do I begin?

Last weekend I went on a retreat with the Queen's Navigators. The theme of the retreat is "Living life with a view from the end". I had a wonderful time, was able to enjoy God's creation and be reminded of the way I should live my life to the fullest. A lot of times we live as if we have another 50 years to live, but you never know what's going to happen next. We gain a different perspective when we live each day as if it's the last...you start to gain a perspective of what is important, and what is not; what is temporary, and what is eternal.

Coming out of the retreat I had so much in my mind that I wanted to do, then school seemed to have taken over and things that I had wanted to do were shoved to the back burner...on top of school I was also a little sick at the beginning of the week...it was an exhausting week. Yesterday when I was trying to do some school work, I just couldn't do it. Both my mind and my body weren't cooperating with me.

Man...I think I am totally rambling...now, what am I trying to say here? Bare with me...

So I was leading a Bible study on Wednesday. Technically I didn't have to "lead" very much, I was just there to "facilitate" the discussion. Everyone was willing to share their insights and the study went well--totally by God's grace. However when I got back home and thought about it, I realized how spiritually "dry" I had become lately. I felt like I wanted to give and contribute something, but I had nothing to give. I felt like I wasn't letting the Holy Spirit fill me, and I was so bogged down by school and little things in my life.

Time and again, this verse always comes up in my mind:
"For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." 2 Corinthians 5:14-15

Each time I read it, I can't help but to be moved by the power of this verse. Yes, I have to remember that I am living for Christ, and His love is my strength, my motivation, my hope.


Who/what do you think you are living for today?