Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I will remember you, will you remember me...

Abdu, one of my housemates, left us for Regina tonight. It's so sad to see him leave. Over the past 7 months three of us have built up a deep friendship living in the same house together, and loud laughing sprees are not uncommon in this house. As my other housemate (Sam) and I witnessed Abdu's departure tonight, both of us were almost in tears. I guess this is life...

Before Abdu left, Sam and I decided to leave Abdu with a "special" gift. Abdu likes Sarah McLaughlin's "I will remember you", so I used my very limited guitar skills to accompany us while Sam and I were singing the song to Abdu. Abdu recorded it all on tape...haha...it was so weird listening to my own voice being played on the tape afterwards. Then we were all so hyped up that none of us wanted to do work, so we ended up singing another song together..."The first cut is the deepest, baby I know, the first cut is the deepest...". Haha....now Rachel, are you sure you want to live with me next year? =P

The house is now quiet once again after all that commotion. Sam is asleep, both Ravi and I are in front of the computer, Abdu's room is empty...