Saturday, April 30, 2005

a random thought

I have been back in Toronto since Wednesday night, and I have been out seeing friends everyday! Haha....I don't think I will get my "rest" until I go back to Kingston. It's nice seeing my friends...I wish I have more time for them.

Anyway, so I was supposed to see a friend of mine whom I haven't seen for a long time on thursday night. We arranged to have dinner on thursday night but it turned out that he had an emergency. So I ended up waiting around downtown Toronto for an hour before I got his call...and then feeling annoyed, I went back home. I understand that it's an emergency and he didn't mean to stand me up, but I wish I had known earlier that he wasn't available.

As I was driving back home, I realize that I have stood Jesus up many many times in the past. I say that I will read the Bible tonight, but I end up feeling "tired" and putting it off until the next night. I say that I will pray before I go to bed, but I end up falling asleep before saying "Amen". I must have made Jesus upset so many times...but the amazing thing is that He is still patiently and lovingly waiting, waiting for the time when I come before Him, sit by His feet, and enjoy His presence.